Adel Salameh (oud,vocal);
Naziha Azzouz (vocal);
Mohammad Zaftari (violin);
Ali Mnejja (accordion)
Adel Shams El Din (perc)
1. Ana Mashi 5:46 music by Adel Salameh, Lyrics, Mohamed El Amraoui
2. Samai Huzam 4:39 music: Adel Salameh
3. Rissala 5:00 music: Adel Salameh, Lyrics, Mohamed El Amraoui
4. Aya 4:59 music Adel Salameh
5. Ala Qadr Al Hawa part I 5:51
6. Ala Qadr Al Hawa part II 4:10
7. Ala Qadr Al Hawa part III 3:00 music: Adel Salameh, Lyrics: Ahmad Shawqy
8. Palestinian love story 6:27 music: Adel salameh
9. Hayarani 5:45 music: Adel Salameh, Lyrics :Bashar Barghouti
10. Doors of Jerusalem 5:04 music: Adel Salameh
11. La fille du paysan 4:16 music: Adel Salameh, Lyrics:Mohamed El Amraoui
Total time: 55:05
Recorded, mixed and mastered : december 2005 / january 2006, at CPDM Studios, LyonBy Christophe Jacques
Palestinian oud player and composer Adel Salameh was born in Nablus, Palestine, in 1966, he started performing as a soloist while still living in the Arab World, but came to Europe in 1990 where he quickly established a reputation as one of the finest performers of the oud,
Adel has worked with Womad/Real World for 6 years and performed at the most prestige’s concert halls in Europe, Royal Festival Hall, Barbican Centre in London, Concertgebouw, Royal Tropical Institue, Paradiso in Amsterdam , Theatre d’ Single (Antwerpen) Belguim, The Institute of the Arab World in Paris, The Opera House and the Auditorium in Lyon, also performed at many festivals through out the World.He has been described as the ambassador of Arab music in the West.
"London’s (and Palestine’s) finest oud player. Salameh’s inventive style draw deeply on his own arab tradition as well as wider musical influences...repays repeated listening"
SONGLINES – sultans of the oud
"...a swooning confluence of ancient and modern Middle Eastern and North African music which streams samlessly through a stark framework of oud and pattering drums, with Azzouza’s vocals flating with melancholic edge, like a sad curl of memory."
"Salameh and Azzouz create their own style,which thrills both jazzfans and lovers of mediteranean music"
Naziha Azzouz was born in Algeria and moved to France at the age of 12.
She started singing the old Andalucian music at a very early age and performed in Algeria, France, Morocco, U.K. Canada.
In 1998 Naziha met with Adel to study Arab music , i.e. the music of the orient, which has nothing to do with North African music.Since That Naziha & Adel has worked together and recorded 2 c.d.s, Nuzha & Kanza, Last year they have toured all over the U.K , Europe and Morocco.Naziha has also worked with medieval groups.
Her voice has been described by the French news paper ( Le Monde) as this is no ordinary voice, this voice is coming from Paradise.